Saturday 23 July 2022

Poor Figures But I Enjoyed Myself



Went out for a little ride today, totally took 4 hours to complete including the train journey, was really happy with it though.

Trying out the new mountain bike and was pretty pleased with it, took the Garmin and those were the figures and the route I took.

Bike was very responsive for a bike not worth much money. I don't see what I would get out of another more expensive brand at this point in time for the money I would spend.

I went through a shallow part of the river and did that well climbed a bank on it as well, pretty steep, not too bad, I was wearing normal shoes (trainers) no professional clipless pedals or anything, feet did move around on them quite a lot, to be fair until I am fitter more confident on the bike I will probably use trainers plus I use the bike for town as well, it does slow me down this way and does build wrong muscles up, but until I have a bit more power in my legs clipping in and unclipping when I get something wrong up a steep climb is not really what I am after.

Disk brakes were good, they kept dry though the water, bike went easily through it, pretty pleased with that.

Anyway, so after 10 years pretty much of smoking and no riding that's what my figures look like. Hope to improve a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment