Friday 20 May 2022

The Flat Tyre

Recovery and Maintenance


I have a parcel coming today, it comes with all sort of new kit and repair things which will enable me to complete a ride today. I am excited about it, comes with new shorts, gloves, tyre and all sorts of repair things for my tyres.

I am not fitting the new back tyre today, I am taking the old one out as it has only done 120 miles before this puncture happened, not too worried about it failing, I have some extra repair kit type things that will get me home or allow me to continue the ride, plus I want to test this repair stuff I have already put in the back tyre, it seems to have stayed up, all good things come to an end though. It should not stop me from completing the ride and is all a good learning curve, it will save me loads of repair times in the future if I get it right.

A tyre normally lasts about 6000 miles and to say this thing has only lasted 120 is a bit bad to be fair, going to try and squeeze as much out of it as possible whilst learning about the products to use for punctures, I have been lucky in the past and have not really suffered these types of setbacks.

So the plan today is to go out and cover about 3hrs worth of riding, I really wanted to crack 50-75 miles but thinks it is best just to aim for the 40-50 in 3hrs, should be do-able, got Saturday and Sunday planned as well, need to stick in a good zone though. I am thinking zone 4, bring those heart rates down and push the speed up, I know I need good recovery from these things though.

It's all a learning/reminder of how to get the most out of myself, things are fine, need to check my zones on Garmin Connect to find optimum heart rate for zone 4, it's going to be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment