Tuesday 17 May 2022

Today is Not Yesterday

Blinded by The Lights


Yesterday was awful, today could be much better, still a risk though, could get stranded, prepared to wreck a back tyre over it.

I have a 35 mile journey planned today, just cooking myself some fuel for the ride, good old steak and chips. Going out to Newark, big loop, its the biggest ride I have done for a while, really happy. I have a couple of things lined up in case it all goes wrong.

I ride Tubulars at the moment and can't get a new back tyre on Thursday/Friday time, these are expensive tyres, about as much as your average car tyre. They are on offer at the moment for £25, but ordering day is Thursday, along with a load of other kit.

Cannot wait to crack on with this ride and get it out of the way. I had a problem at 1:30am and had to cut my ride short and pedal home. The tyre fixed on the way home(due to the liquid in the tyre), I have pumped the tyre up and it has stayed good all night.

I am going to miss traffic hours on the way out I think, not too much of a problem there aren't many miles of them on the way out, on the way back it should be about 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment